Re: Strang transmission noise

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <spitfire-enthusiast@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: Strang transmission noise
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 10:13:31 -0400
I've got this from mine as well, having just done the same sort of work
you've done.  I've come to suspect it's the  rear transmission mount
itself squeeking.  I'm not sure exactly why it would be doing that, but
this seems to be the location of the sound, and the type of sound it
produces.  Sounds like someone is molesting a mouse.

>>> "Mike Chambers" <mikech@sprynet.com> 05/01/02 11:50PM >>>
I pulled my engine and transmission out of my car a few weeks ago to
paint
the frame and firewall.  Last weekend I put them back in and now there
is a
squeaking sound coming from the transmission.