Re: Wheel colour - Spitfire 4

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wheel colour - Spitfire 4
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 19:47:31 +0100
In article <LAW2-OE513E1ioWwr2U0000319d@hotmail.com>, Suzie
<suzie_bear@hotmail.com> writes
>Hi Michael
>Sorry, I should have made myself clearer. I know the wheels should be white
>but I'm trying to find out which 'modern' shade of off-white would be the
>closest match to use nowadays.

Hi, Suzie,

Sorry - I should have assumed that you'd be 'way ahead of me!

 From recent experience with paint codes, Halfords has a conversion chart
(Triumph is listed under "Rover Group" I think - or, just possibly, BL),
which should allow you to get pretty close.   Alternatively, I could
chip a bit of paint off the wheels of my new 1963 Herald and send it to
you for computer colour matching.   Any use?

>I do have John's book and others and I've been studying them like mad since
>I took on the post and poring over Sybil and Baby Blue with book in one hand
>and camera in other in preparation for upcoming articles :o)

<g>

I spent the first few months of owning Carly doing the same thing, and
I've just started the same approach with X (the as-yet-unnamed Herald).
No articles resulted, though - all my writing is on military history.

ATB

--
Mike
1963 White Herald 1200 Convertible GA125624 CV