Re: Car-o-Scope (pointless fun)

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Car-o-Scope (pointless fun)
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 09:45:56 +0100
In article <005601c1db73$ef97a7a0$1900a2c6@anne>, Anne Garren
<algarren@main.nc.us> writes
>Me too :)) Can't wait to see what comes up...
>
>Anne
>

>>OK, I've just done the same test.   I'll report back to the list with
>>the results when they appear.

OK, here are my results (with my comments interspersed in brackets):

You certainly are a bit of a nut case, aren't you, when it comes to
taking chances (well, at least compared to other Triumph Spitfire
owners). Calm down. CALM DOWN! It's not the end of the world, for
heaven's sake. And nobody is asking you to change anything about who you
are. We'd never do that. Go ahead. Jump off a cliff if that's what makes
you happy. But, if this is really what you are, you're gonna have to
change vehicles.

(Surely it takes someone who is prepared to take chances to drive a
Spit?)

OK, there's frugal--and then there's cheap. And you're cheap.

Your motto is probably something like, "Waste not, want not." Heck, if
it was good enough for Benjamin Franklin, why not you?

Pay no attention to what others are saying behind your back. Who cares?

(Of course I'm cheap.   Why would I have bought a GBP1300 sports-car if
I wasn't cheap?)

Gee, this is interesting. Car-O-Scope has determined that you are a
person who is quite concerned with status. And yet, you're driving a
Triumph Spitfire.

(I don't understand why this is a problem.   Given the fact that I am
obviously cheap, what more high-status vehicle could I drive for the
money?)

  Other Triumph Spitfire drivers just aren't as much of a snob as you
are. We're going to have to do something about this, now aren't we?

My dear, it appears that other Triumph Spitfire owners just don't care
as much about their cars as you do.

(I simply don't believe this.   If you don't care for your Spit at least
as much as I do, it rusts away...)

  You're going to have to lighten up on this if you insist on driving a
Triumph Spitfire. But, since this is probably a basic character flaw and
therefore unchangeable, you probably will have to buy a new car to get
your carma in balance.

Have no fear, Car-O-Scope is here to save you from a life of misery,
depression and hemorrhoidal flare-ups.

(Spitfires give you piles?   Really?   I hadn't noticed...)

  Through a secret and proprietary process (patent pending) the official
car-o-scope has determined that your psychographic and demographic
profile is far more compatible with the following vehicles: some of
these suggestions might surprise you. But try to keep an open mind. It's
quite possible that the car-o-scope has discovered some hidden and/or
repressed aspects of your personality.

  1. Isuzu Trooper II

(Over my dead body.   The biggest, ugliest, most futile 4WD in the
world?   Get real.)

2. Peugeot 505

(Well, yes, I've fancied one of these ever since I first drove a
colleague's a few years ago.   But they aren't cheap!)

3. Nissan King Cab

(What's that when it's at home?)

4. BMW 2002

(God, no!   There is absolutely no comparison between my beautiful
open-top Spitfire and this goggle-eyed brick on wheels.)

5. Dodge Colt Vista

(Never heard of it.   Is this the American name for a Mitsubishi Colt?)

ATB
--
Mike
Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea"