RE: oil pressure light

To: "Mitchell, Doug (D.B.)" <dmitchel@ford.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: oil pressure light
From: Stephane St-Amant <steph71tr6@crosswinds.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 09:47:40 EST
Mitchell, Doug (D.B.) <dmitchel@ford.com> wrote :

> Steph,
>
> Are you sure that the gage is electric? Most after-market gages
> were mechanical. Therefore not needing the sending unit. The
> three prong sending units were used with the brake sensor to
> illuminate that light as well. I have put a tee in to tap off
> for my pressure gage.
>
> Doug

I had no clue if it was or not (no access to the car right now untill the ice
on front of the shed melts).  Although I did suspect that there was a oil tube
in there somewhere.  But I also thought the there was some electrical
connection of some sort to the sending unit.

Thanks for clearing that out.
Cheers
Stef