RE: Which year 1500?

To: "'Joe Curry'" <spitlist@gte.net>, Nolan Penney
Subject: RE: Which year 1500?
From: "Mitchell, Doug (D.B.)" <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 12:30:17 -0500
Actually Joe, you are correct. The side impact beams were mandated
in all cars sold in the US after 1 January 1973. Some vehicles had
them up to 4 years earlier. This is defined by FMVSS 214 (Federal
Motor Vehicle Safety Standard).

For further reading, check out:
http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/regrev/evaluate/806314.html

Triumph may have not put this into their advertising until 1980,
but they were installed by 1973. BTW, Spitfire history books
have been known to be wrong.

Now, can we put this to rest?

Cheers,

Doug