RE: How important are the brass manifold nuts?

To: "'Kevin Rhodes'" <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>,
Subject: RE: How important are the brass manifold nuts?
From: Richard Gosling <richard.gosling@exprogroup.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 09:11:47 -0000
As Nolan says, brass nuts are better, mainly from a corrosion point of view.
However, I've used steel nuts in the past with no noticeable problems
(probably because the %&*$#^ manifold-to-downpipe gasket blew so often the
nuts never had a chance to rust in place!).  I am suspicious of the strength
of S/S nuts, and would probably choose normal steel in preference.

Richard & Daffy
Important Notice:
The information in this email is confidential and may be legally-privileged.
If you have reason to believe you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on
it is prohibited and may be unlawful and you are requested to contact the sender
urgently and dispose of this email