Re: Off Topic - War

To: Ben Miller <no1-bronco-fan@home.com>,
Subject: Re: Off Topic - War
From: "Laura Gharazeddine" <Laura.G@141.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 15:45:06 -0600
>This goes beyond the borders of the US.  All civilised nations

are
>affected by irrational acts of terrorism.  We must

internationally join

-
>regardless of whether they occur in the Sudan, Kuwait, the United

States
>- any peace-loving country in the world.  We should also remember

that
>the actions of a few extremists do not necessarily represent the

>of the majority of any one people group.

Bravo Howard! You're one of the very, very few people I've heard
speak sense today!

I've heard some horribly, vengeful bloodlust today-and I have an
arabic last name. It's scary!

>Ben Miller wrote:
>>
>> I know this is horribly off topic, but...
>>
>> Can our (US) government look at this as anything other than an

act of
>> war? Will they again allow this type of terrorism to go

basically
>> un-punished. Our government MUST act on this as an act of war,

discover
>> who is behind it and what government(s) have been protecting

them, and
>> act accordingly. We must strike back to show them and any like

them that
>> this type of action will NOT go unpunished. The only other

thing, if we
>> go to war, that I can say is: Where do I sign up?

That there are so many war hawks-including the Weed, I find
extremely frightening. There's no such thing as a winable war
anymore-and that ain't just a lyric by Sting! I certainly do not
want to die from an anthrax attack...with the shortage of vaccine
and antibodies, all of us who are poor/ill will be the first to go
and leave the wealthy who'll be able to buy their way to safety. I
don't look forward to it.

You know, people who commit such acts do them because they feel
horribly disenfranchised and completely between a rock and a hard
place. Find the exact people responsible for this act on the WTC,
and work to make the situations better for the rest-so that they
won't feel the need to commit such acts in the future. As long as
people feel in that situation, there'll always be twice as many
volunteers to fill the shoes of suicide bombers and terrorists.

Laura Gharazeddine