Re: Fuel economy in a Spit.

To: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Subject: Re: Fuel economy in a Spit.
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2001 23:01:06 -0400
Michael Hargreave Mawson wrote:
> The Spitfire 1500 was advertised as the first sports car to achieve 50
> mpg and 100 mph (although not simultaneously!).

  Wow that must have been a pretty feather-footed
driver who got 50mpg. (or a 50 mile downhill and
a generous gallon!)

  Most listers seem to get around 25mpg, however I suspect
most listers are measuring with the slightly smaller
US version of the gallon.

  Perhaps was it 40mpg? Even that sounds like a stretch
for a real world car, but maybe one of those specially
prepared cars with 100psi tires and a 10 speed
gearbox. ;>

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca