Re: Spitfire 1500 tools

To: "Laura G." <Laura.G@141.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spitfire 1500 tools
From: Eric Kieboom <ekieboom@xs4all.nl>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 21:25:34 +0100
At 12:04 23-2-2001 -0800, Laura G. wrote:

>A jack? Why? I have a lovely original-doesn't work, so it only goes to
>shows. AAA changes my tire if it's flat.

Oh no. I make it a matter of pride to change my own wheels.

>> a bottle of 20W50,
>
>Only one? I always carry two. Not that I have any leaks that big, but so
>that I "think" I have one and it turns out I don't.

Just the one - which I've never needed. Perhaps I'll throw in a bottle of
coolant, too. Which I won't ever need, either.

>>a fire extinguisher
>
>And don't forget-doesn't do much good in the boot-keep it in the cockpit and
>easily accessible!

Don't worry, it's between the floor beam and the passenger seat.

>I have found those plastic ties invaluable. Electrical tape.

Oh, I forgot to mention: I also carry tie-raps and electrical tape. And
spare light bulbs (mandatory), spare points and an assortment of screws,
washers, nuts and bolts rolling around on the shelves under the dashboard.

>Rubber gloves.

Mine are pigskin leather. And I carry a dayglo orange roadworker's vest.

There, I think I've got it all now. ;-)

Cheers,

--
Eric Kieboom - The Netherlands