Re: Maryland Car Laws

To: "Spit" <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Maryland Car Laws
From: "Laura G." <Laura.G@141.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 11:35:38 -0800
> I can vouch for this.  Many moons ago I lived in Newburgh, NY.

I'm sorry. (I had a car break down in Newburgh many moons ago and
had to spend a week there.)

> Insurance companies rank
> right up there (or is it down there?) with lawyers and used car salesmen.

I've had to deal with lawyers 3 times-and everytime, I had wonderful
lawyers.
My brother in law is a paralegal-and the guy he works for in Beverly Hills
helped
me immeasurably-and I never got a bill.The lawyer who worked for me on a
discrimination suit was wonderful. And the one I have now who is going broke
on pro bono work for the poor and working poor. He is marvelous.

On the other hand...I deal with insurance companies several times every week
and have
come to the conclusion that they are the true scum of the earth. (And I love
my car insurance
guy. But then again, I've never had to put a claim in.) They are indeed,
lower than lawyers.
The way they will take advantage of people who are ill, dying, injured is
absolutely immoral.
The mext higher up from insurance companies are the medical billing people.
In general, a rotton
bunch of individuals. I can only surmise that these are the people who
didn't have the people skills
to be telemarketers. (Calling people who are dying and thier families and
threatening them over
a $100 or less medical bill that the insurance company is debating the payee
over-low low low!)

Anyway... thanks for letting me get that off...

Laura G.
Vita brevis est: rapide agite, vigore strigate!