Re: More parts supplier questions

To: "spitfires" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: More parts supplier questions
From: "Suzie" <suzie_bear@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 21:24:50 -0000
Richard wrote:

> As with all these things, you pay your money and take your choice.  Want
panels
>  that are a perfect match - go BMH.  Want to save some money, and don't
mind
>  doing a little fettling on the more complex panels - go pattern.

If the parts are still available. It would have been nice to get a BMH door
for Baby Blue but the info I got was that although passenger doors (LHS in
the UK) can be found the driver's door pressings were destroyed and haven't
been replaced yet so she'll be getting a refurbished door which I hope will
be almost as good. I should know by next week.

I've also been scouting out somewhere to get the soft top frame refurbished
as this winter's project and heard that Southern Triumph Services in
Bournemouth got a pretty good write up in Triumph World not so long ago. I
don't get this so wondered if any listers (UK in particular) have a copy and
could let me know what was said about them. It would be nice to get some
confirmation that it would be a good choice, particularly as there aren't
really any other contenders too close to here. I just want to get a good job
done without breaking the bank - especially as I've just had to fork out 100
quid today to replace a completely duff starter motor on the Rover (at Trade
price no less) and lost a day's work to boot. ;-(

Not a good day!  I could do with some good news.

Suzie