Re: (NON-LBC) RE: air compressor line advice...

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: (NON-LBC) RE: air compressor line advice...
From: Peter Ficklin <pficklin@qnis.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 09:30:58 -0800
I appreciate everyone's advice, and I will summarize that here: Four
said don't do it, it will fail - varying from leaking to exploding.  One
said it should be able to handle the pressure, and another said his
installation of three years has worked out OK.  Since it is in an
"industrial" situation - CalOSHA, etc., I will err on the side of
safety, and NOT use PVC, even though the installation would be *much*
easier and cleaner.  This is all indoors, so I don't believe that it
would be subject to UV deterioration.

I am interested in finding out about the plastic line for natural gas.
I have not seen this, and would like to find out where it is available.
Joe, if you want to reply off list with further info, that would be
great.  Anybody else with comments is welcome to reply as well.

Thanks again, everyone, for their input, and this forum.

BTW, I've still got the '63 on the rotisserie, and the passenger
floorpan is in.  All I need to do is put the rocker back on and seal it
up.  Then on to paint...

Peter Ficklin
'63 & '68 Spits
Fresno, CA