(NON-LBC) RE: air compressor line advice...

To: Spit List <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: (NON-LBC) RE: air compressor line advice...
From: Peter Ficklin <pficklin@qnis.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 13:55:17 -0800
set_lurk=OFF

Lister,
  I need some advice from those who've had experience with running PVC
pipes for air in their shops, etc.  I am upgrading a compressor at work
(5 HP, 220v 3 phase, 175 psi, 80 gal), and I am considering using 3/4 or
1" PVC schedule 40 for the air delivery.  There will be a regulator at
the tank to hold pressures in the lines down to under 100.  Most of the
time when using it, the pipes will have about 50-60 psi in them.
Maximum length of the run is about 60 to 70 feet.  I think the PVC is
rated around 500 or so...  anybody have any good/bad experiences in
these areas??

TIA
Peter Ficklin
'63 & '68 Spits