Dashboard layout

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Dashboard layout
From: Terry Thompson <epharisto@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 19:15:00 -0800 (PST)
I'm looking at making a custom dashboard for my Spit
1500 to accept the new gauges (oil press & ammeter)
and toggle switches. I don't want to go drilling holes
in my solid black walnut dash, so I've got a veneird
(sp) piece of plywood (which I bought about a year
ago) to take it's place.

I could remove the dash from my car and use it as a
stencil for the placement of the main holes
(tach/speedo/choke and outside silouette), but I'm
hoping that someone out there has already had the
forethought of making a stencil. I'm actually hoping
to get one that has the 2" hole in the upper left
corner for an accessory gauge.

Anyone have such an animal that they can copy and send
to me (my expense of course, plus something for your
trouble or a barter?). Or failing that, someone have a
spare dash facia that they'd be willing outline for
me?

-Terry
'76 Spit 1500
http://auctions.yahoo.com/