Re: Is Triumph coming Back???

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Is Triumph coming Back???
From: "John & Tracy Knox" <jknox@erie.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 20:30:49 -0500
Yes I know the TR-4 is a Michelloti design, I own one!  However, if you have
ever seen an Italia you see I think where the TR-4 came from.  You also see
the lines of the Spit bonnet in the hood of the Italia.  Somehow the 4 was
changed around and you get the Italian message coming through in a weird
British sort of way.  I like the TR's as there isn't anything quite like
them.  They were built to be a true sports car.  However the lines and the
looks of the TR4 aren't beautiful like the TR3.  The TR3 has lines that
flow, and the car is pretty from almost any angle.  The TR4 is pretty weird
looking.  It took me quite a while of looking at it to admit to what almost
everyone else says about the car.  The slab sides, and the Checker Cab trunk
just don't give much to the car.  I like the TR6 in racing trim.  The
group44 cars are very cool looking, but the TR6 suffers from the same
problem as the TR4 on the sides.  The front and back look just sawed off.
If you don't put design into the nose or tail, and the sides don't have much
it doesn't leave a whole lot of body to get anything else in.  The market
speaks for itself with the TR7 and 8.  The 7 was the first TR that I was
ever around much.  A friend had one and it was a very neat car.  However I
still wonder what Triumph was thinking.

JohnK