Re: Speed Bleeders!

To: SpitfiresRule@aol.com
Subject: Re: Speed Bleeders!
From: Ron Deaver <rrdeaver@emagichappens.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 23:02:26 -0800
Hiya,

Sorry for the delay in response -;-)  I posted the list of mixed sizes for
the Spitfire I discovered working with the folks at Speedbleeders a few
weeks ago.  Here are the details:

The sizes that match perfectly to those that came with my rebuilt calipers
and new rear cylinders are...

Front Calipers:  SB3824L (3/8" x 24)
Rear Cylinders:  SB3824HD (3/8" x 24)

The "HD" stands for Harley Davidson.  The valves are slightly longer than
the standard SB3824.  The SB3824 will also work, but the HD model is about
1/8" longer and is the perfect match.  I ironically ended up using the
SB3824 because I already opened the package, and the HD was not that much
longer.  The valves install with a standard 3/8" wrench.

A set of 4 valves will set you back $31.00 with shipping, but is well worth
the time you save.  Fifteen minutes and I had a perfect DOT5 brake system
(separate long writeup on that one to follow).

The folks at Speedbleeder can be reached at 888 879 7016, and their website
is www.speedbleeder.com.