Re: spitfire won't start

To: SimplyCecil@aol.com
Subject: Re: spitfire won't start
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2001 09:56:39 +0000
I would start by examining your ring gear on the flywheel.  Either that is
chewed up or the Bendix on the starter is stuck and will not
be forced to contact the ring gear.

A number of things could cause this.  You should check the contacts on the
battery, starter solenoid and ground to ensure that
sufficient amps are being drawn to fully spin the starter.

Regards,
Joe Curry