Re: Voltage Stabiliser

To: alemen@ftconnect.com
Subject: Re: Voltage Stabiliser
From: Donald H Locker <dhl@chelseamsl.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2001 23:52:52 -0500 (EST)
Hi, Alan.

The voltage stabiliser is actually a [slow-speed electromechanical
with very little damping] switch-mode regulator.  So a DVM will show
all over the place.  The output is a pulse-width modulated square wave
with a high value of battery voltage and a low value of ground.  An
analog meter will at least show you the switching, while the gauges
are slow enough that they behave as if they received a constant 10V.

HTH,
Donald.

> Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2001 17:23:08 -0800
> From: Alan Lemen <alemen@ftconnect.com>