Re: Re: Magic Cure In A Bottle

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Re: Magic Cure In A Bottle
From: Ken Strayhorn <ken@dukecomm.duke.edu>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 14:39:31 -0500
Laura was the first to ask, WRT my adventures
with a leaking radiator whilst in pursuit
of fair maiden:

>>That,
>> plus the fact that I was on the way to a hot date with a woman
>> who was teaching for a year in an underserved community, made
>> me dump the contents of the bottle in the radiator.
>
>So, was the date worth it?

Another response, via direct email, was a bit more
direct: "What happened to the girl?"

I had to laugh - while the men online only considered
the problems of radiators and Stop Leak, the women
were quick to key in on the _real_ crux of the
narrative - the hot date in question.

Quick story - yes the date was worth it but we
ended up as "just friends" (which is possible
if you're both adults) not long afterwards.
A year or so passes and she decides that being
a poor teacher in a rural community might be
noble and all, but being married to a wealthy
older lawyer was Much Better, especially since
he had a vacation home in Vail.

I declined the invite to the wedding but sent
a very nice gift. Haven't heard from her since.

My '72 Spit is still with me.

Ken Strayhorn
Hillsborough NC