Re: Junkyard Wars.

To: Vic Whitmore <vicwhit@home.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Junkyard Wars.
From: Fred Griffiths <griffco@mail.cadvision.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 16:36:43 -0700
Vic Whitmore wrote:

> Yes, I agree with Dave. Many, if not all, of the challenges are scripted.

And not only a leaf blower motor, but a wooden model airplane propellor - in
fact two
when the first one broke!

> Still, it is an entertaining show...when you have nothing else to do.

Yup,
    And what else is there to do when the temp is minus 30 deg Celsius and you
don;thave a heated garage?

    From the Junkyard Wars website I see they are encouraging international
teams to
travel to Britain to compete.  I believe one US team did, in the Submarine
Challenge.

What could a bunch of Spitfire enthusiasts offer? And what would you call the
team?

Cheers, Fred

--
Fred & Wendy Griffiths,