Re: Soggy Trousers

To: Tburke4@aol.com, spitfires@autox.team.net, Gosling_Richard_B@perkins.com
Subject: Re: Soggy Trousers
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 13:06:11 -0400
It may be harder then we realize.  Greg also bought a replacement windshield
from me!  Either he also broke yours and installed mine, or visa versa.

I have broken one getting it out, attempting to save the comparatively
cheap gasket.  Dumb.  With the gasket cut, the window just about
falls out.

I have never installed a Spitfire windshield, but I have replaced gasketed
windows in the back of a pickup before.  They are mounted the same,
but the glass isn't curved.  I did find it easy to do the truck.  I also have
a trick.  I spray the gasket and the window area down with silicone
lube.  Makes slipping the rubber gasket over the metal very easy.

>>> <Tburke4@aol.com> 09/22 11:51 AM >>>

Hi Richard,

I haven't installed a windshield, but, a fellow named Greg Smith bought a
windshield from me after he broke his trying to re-install it. So, it appears
that there is a risk at that stage.