RE: Spitfire parts at regular auto stores

To: "Simmons, Reid W" <reid.w.simmons@intel.com>
Subject: RE: Spitfire parts at regular auto stores
From: Bill Gunshannon <bill@cs.scranton.edu>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 15:28:48 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 8 Sep 2000, Simmons, Reid W wrote:

> This is good information.  In the past I haven't even bothered to ask about
> Spitfire parts at the local parts dealers figuring that yes, they can
> probably get it but they would have to order it from who knows where (yeah
> right, "in by noon, out by June").  I really dislike waiting weeks or months
> for parts to come in that I need now.  But in the future I will first try
> our local NAPA, Pep Boys, etc.

I always try the local parts places first, but most of the time I end
out going to Moss or Rimmer.  The east coast distributor for Monroe is
a local company.  They operate a retail outlet chain called A&A Auto.
(Anybody familiar with NHRA Drag Racing will know the name Joe Amato.
He owned all of this until recently.)  After checking with Monroe that
they actually make the shocks for the Spitfire I wnet to A&A.  They
told me they didn't have them and couldn't get them.  Of course, this
was without even bothering to look in the catalog.  That is another
problem, but one I am also getting quite used to from driving and
working on an LBC.  If it ain't Ford/Chevy/Dodge, it doesn't exist.

bill

bill@cs.scranton.edu     |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |