Re: Spitfire parts at regular auto stores

To: Sam Gentry <hsgentry@cfw.com>
Subject: Re: Spitfire parts at regular auto stores
From: Bill Gunshannon <bill@cs.scranton.edu>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 15:24:05 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 8 Sep 2000, Sam Gentry wrote:

> You must go to a different Advance than I go to... I just priced calipers
> for my 73 GT6... $39.99 they will have them by noon tomorrow.  The spit
> calipers that I bought for my 80 were about the same price and it took less
> than 12 hours to get them.  Everywhere else GT6 calipers are over $100.

Don't get me wrong, sometimes they come through. I went out one day to
find gas pouring out through a hole that had magically appeared in the
side of my fuel pump.  I got the replacement in 24 hours at a normal
price from Advance.  But most stuff is either not available or cheaper
somewhere else.  Shock absorbers, for example.

bill

bill@cs.scranton.edu     |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |