Re: Fwd: Fw: Men's Perspective-nothing funny here!

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fwd: Fw: Men's Perspective-nothing funny here!
From: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine)
Date: Tue, Sep 5 2000 13:10:30 GMT-0600
Sad to have to be posting to something like this after not posting for a couple
of weeks.

But, this is more scary, than funny.

A really good example of perpetuating somewhat erronous and quite negative
stereotypes and myths. Demeaning not only to women, but to men! But, seems to
be aimed at the women on this list. Why not just say, 'I don't like that
there're women here and wish they'd go away!'

>TO WOMEN EVERYWHERE FROM A MAN WHO'S HAD ENOUGH . . .

A rebuttal-the highlights

>Learn to work the toilet seat.  If it's up, put it down.

Because there's nothing like having to touch where someone has peed-and maybe
missed. Yum!

>If you won't dress like the Victoria's Secret girls, don't
>expect us to act like soap opera guys.

Ahhh...the old-she got what she deserved because she wasn't covered from head
to toe in something my grandmother would have worn and I'm a man, so how can I
be expected to control myself!

>Don't cut your hair.  Ever.  Long hair is always more attractive
>than short hair.

Excuse me? Then, what about the above statment about men behaving like animals
because of something a woman wears?

One of the big reasons guys fear getting married
>is that married women always cut their hair, and by then you're stuck
>with her.

So, guys only get married to women with long hair-and they're really only
interested in a woman outer appearance and not if she has a mind?

FYI-more and more young single woman today are choosing not to get
married-because they don't want to 'get stuck' with some of these guys! (A two
way street!)

>Birthdays, Valentines, and Anniversaries are not quests to see
>if we can find the perfect present yet again!

No, they're not. Some women are like that, some aren't. And what about men? For
many men, those seem like the only time they'll show any appreciation for their
women...

>If you ask a question you don't want an answer to, expect an
>answer you don't want to hear.

It's a two way street in the Dept. of Insecurity & Questions. Besides, it
really seems to hurt this guy to be gallant in anyway!

>Sometimes, we're not thinking about you.  Live with it.  Don't
>ask us what we're thinking about unless you are prepared to
>discuss such topics as navel lint, the shotgun formation, or monster =
>trucks.

What century was this written? And this goes back to the old
appreciation/taking for granted thing...And sometimes we're not thinking about
you!

>Sunday =3D sports.  It's like the full moon or the changing of the
>tides.  Let it be.

I'm so glad that the men I know couldn't care less about sunday sports...

>Shopping is not a sport, and no, we're never going to think of
>it that  way.

And so all those single guys at the mall are...?

Actually, I do know men who like to shop-more than I do-and yes, they're
straight!

>When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is
>fine.   Really.

Oh, yeah, I've heard this before.

>You have enough clothes.

And you have enough tools/video games/whatever.

>You have too many shoes.

See above.

>Crying is blackmail.

Crying is a response to emotional pain. Don't be such an unenlightened clod-er-
man of the 17th century-and she probably won't cry.

>Ask for what you want.  Let's be clear on this one:  Subtle
>hints don't work.  Strong hints don't work.  Really obvious hints
>don't work.  Just say it!

If you have to ask, it's not worth having. It means that the other person is so
self-centered and self-involved that you really are only needed to wait on
them, pay them homage and sex. (And sometimes not even the sex part!)

>No, we don't know what day it is.  We never will.  Mark
>anniversaries on the calendar.

And sometimes that doesn't even help. Besides, not every man is as
misongynistic as this guy-some of them actually *gasp* care!

>Peeing standing up is more difficult. We're bound to miss
>sometimes.

Well, if you're bound to miss, you're bound to clean it up and to put the seat
down when you're through!

>Most guys own three pairs of shoes-what makes you think we'd be
>any good at choosing which pair, out of thirty, would look good
>with your dress?

Not every woman is an Imelda Marcos-here we go again, perpetrating negative
myths.

>Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every
>question.

Works both ways-and misogynistic, chauvintistic men are many times as insecure
as anyone-ladies-use this one on them! When he asks those important questions
about performance, for example-a simple yes or no then should suffice!

>Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it.
>That's what  we do.

Hahahaha!...ahem...sorry-this just strikes me as funny.

>Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.

What woman wants to be involved with a man who doesn't have sympathy when the
going gets tough for his woman or she's having problems?

>A headache that lasts for 17 months is a problem.  See a doctor.

Maybe the source of the headache is actually the guy? Can insensitive men be
surgically removed or altered? This is one of those double standard things-he
can use the excuse for straying, of sef-gratification as 'it was her fault'-but
if he's an insensitive lover or partner-she can't say 'I have a headache'?

>Foreign films are best left to foreigners.

God forbid this guy should have any 'cul-chuh'! But, she's supposed to want to
go to see every violent, inane, 'buddy', action film?

>Check your oil.

With all that sexy long hair getting in the way? If she's supposed to be some
simpering, sexy woman who worships you, cleans up you urine when you 'miss',
doesn't ask for any sensitivity and support from you-c'mon! Be a guy and check
the lady's oil!

>It is neither in your best interest nor ours to take the quiz
>together.  No, it doesn't matter which quiz.

I haven't any idea what this means!

>Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument.
>All comments become null and void after 7 days.

So, she's boud by her word, her vow, anything she says forever and a day-but he
isn't!

>If something we said can be interpreted two ways, and one of the
>ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one.

What a cop out!

>Let us ogle.  We're going to look anyway; it's genetic.

Ok, than we can ogle at the guys who a better looking, and don't have a beer
gut, and are nicely dressed-and rub it in YOUR face too!

>You can either tell us to do something OR tell us how to do
>something but not both.

Ditto.

>Whenever possible, please say whatever you have to say during
>commercials.

Except when we're actually allowed to watch something *we* would like to watch,
no doubt. (But then again, I don't think this type of guy allows his wo-man to
have much leisure time for herself!)

>ALL men see in only 16 colors.  Peach is a fruit, not a color.

Another one that's lost on me-maybe I hang with too many artists-and auto
painters!

>If it itches, it will be scratched.

And you were brought up in a...barn?

>Beer is as exciting for us as handbags are for you.

You've got to be kidding!

>If we ask what's wrong and you say "nothing," we will act like
>nothing's wrong.   We know you're lying, but it's just not worth
>the hassle.

I can't speak for my fellow women, but when I answer 'nothing'-it's exactly for
that reason-it's not worth the hassle of having to explain to someone who's so
self-involved and uncaring.

>What the hell is a doily?

Does anybody besides my 92 yo Grandmother even *have* doilies anymore?

My question-why do (some) guys hate women so much?