Re: Dash restoration

To: "Simmons, Reid W" <reid.w.simmons@intel.com>
Subject: Re: Dash restoration
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 18:12:05 -0700
Reid,
I'd like to try and talk you out of making it out ok any sort of solid wood.
There are many more downsides to that than advantages.
The exposure to the elements will tend to make it crack and the one-way grain
will make it not nearly as strong as one whose basic
structure is marine plywood.

I made a dash insert for a Mk1 out of solid walnut and it didn't last until the
water in the radiator got hot!

But If you are determined to do this, I wish you luck.

Joe