Re: Re: So, who wants to sell me a Spitfire OD tranny?

To: "Laura Gharazeddine" <Laura.G@141.com>
Subject: Re: Re: So, who wants to sell me a Spitfire OD tranny?
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 21:17:13 +0100
Hi Laura
I have O/D on all my cars except one and that one is front wheel drive and
unless I want to change the whole drive train layout fitting is impossible,
I have looked at it from al ways up, can't be done> So that leaves four out
of five cars with O/D and in the last five or six years only one problem
that wasn't caused by the dpo , and that was a tighten the screw repair,
total cost, on hour of my time to find the problem and fix it, parts £0.00 I
have spent more time fixing diagnosing an electronic ign fault on one car.
So I consider the O/D to be inherently reliable, though I am waiting for the
O/d on the modified Sprint to give up through being abused in second gear.
It did give a guy on a 600 CC motorbike a bit of a shock after he tried the
traffic light drag against me, though he did pass me at around the fifty mph
mark. So O/D, IMHO do it!

Graham.