RE: Filling a hole

To: "Banbury, Terrence" <Terrence.Banbury@dnr.state.oh.us>
Subject: RE: Filling a hole
From: evracer@ipass.net
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 12:55:38 -0400 (EDT)
I would avoid using propane!  Could prove to be a real
problem down the road.  Most flame thrower setups on
street rods and customs just use a manual choke to
richen the mixture.  Then use a model T Ford coil in
your tail pipe to spark the unburnt gas and you now
have flames out your tail pipe.

Seriously, no propane!

Quoting "Banbury, Terrence"
<Terrence.Banbury@dnr.state.oh.us>:

> My son thinks it would be cool to install a
flamethrower system on the
> Spit.
> We saw one at a street rod show.  It functions by
feeding propane gas
> through a nozzle mounted in your tailpipe about 6
inches from the outlet,
> then igniting it.  Rev the engine, and WOW...real
flames shoot three feet
> right out of your tailpipe.  KIDS!!!
> This is not to be confused with the anti-carjack
system that shoots flames
> out from under each door.  I'm not kidding.  It was
manufactured in South
> Africa, I believe.  (Maybe our South African list
member can verify this?)
alemen@pop.ftconnect.com;
spitfires@autox.team.net
> > Subject:    Re: Filling a hole
> >

> > I've decided to put an actual smokescreen device in
my vehicle like the
> > kind
> > Bond had in the Aston Martin DB5.  The switch will
work thusly:  I'll rev
> > the engine past 4,000 RPM, push the large, chrome
plated button and
> > simultaneously let my foot off the gas to activate
the smoke device.  The
> > ensuing belch of smoke that eminates from my twin
Monza exhaust pipes
> will
> > choke and disorient any pursuer who gets too close
to my tail.  I'm also
> > going to install a flip-down LCD screen in my
drivers' side parcel tray.
> > This will be for global satellite tracking as well
as DVD movies to watch
> > whenever I find myself on those long, boring
straightaways.

> > Best wishes,
> >
> > Jeff (with tongue firmly planted in cheek) in San
Diego

> > '67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
> > Jeff's Classic '67 Spitfire Mk3 site & Vintage
Spitfire Webring
> > http://www.ohms.com/spitfire/spitfire.shtml
> > home of the NEW Totally Triumph Auction
> > "By Triumph enthusiasts, for Triumph enthusiasts"
> > http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/TRauction.cgi
> > and... The Triumph Autos/Parts Wanted Listings
> > http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/TRwanted.cgi
> > ...plus a few other surprises!
> >
> > * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * *

spitfires@autox.team.net>;
> > <spitfires@autox.team.net>
> > Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2000 4:52 PM
> > Subject: Re: Filling a hole
> >

> > > Since this has gotten many responses, I thought
I'd bring this up.
> > Several
> > > years ago, Pep Boys (and a couple of other
places) used to sell fake
> > > switches, complete with a lettered mount for its
function.  Some of the
> > > available switches were: Ejector seat, Rocket
launcher, and Machine
> > guns.
> > > don't know if they still sell them, but, for
those of you looking for
> > the
> > > idea device to activate during maddening rush
hour traffic times (those
> > of
> > us
> > > in L.A. understand this), this might be your
answer.  However, neither
> > Pep
> > > Boys or I are liable for any consequenses
resulting from your ability
> > make
> > > the switch to actually do what it says.  This
notice comes with the
> > standard
> > > 5/50 warranty (five seconds or fifty feet,
whichever comes first).