Re: Update on Baby Blue

To: <SJagGo@aol.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Update on Baby Blue
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 15:39:04 -0800
Ha ha.  So true.  The pickup went well.  Lots of curious kids (and adults)
eyeing the car, but nobody said anything, except for one of our close
friends who was coming to pick up her daughter.  From her open window, in
her car across the street, she yelled over the traffic: Your car is SO
CUUUUTE!!

I've gotten a couple of second glances from local law enforcement while
driving around with my young kids.  "Naaah, that seven-year old CAN'T be
driving that car, no matter HOW small it is!"

With the obnoxiously loud Monza exhaust that the PO installed, it made me
sort of chuckle as I was driving, going through the gears with my foot to
the floor, watching a Geo Metro pull away in front of me, that I believe
that I am the proud owner of the loudest, smallest and slowest car in my
entire community.  What really made me chuckle is the irony that the sound
of a loud, throaty engine rumble is what used to be synonymous with raw
power.  My Spitfire's growl is definitely worse than its' bite.  Something I
hope to improve slightly with a good engine tune and a Pertronix electronic
ignition in the near future.  My higher RPM torque just doesn't seem to be
there.

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego
'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"