Re: Update on Baby Blue

To: "Suzie" <suzie_bear@hotmail.com>, "Spit List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Update on Baby Blue
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 13:25:48 -0800
I really had to laugh at the line:

> Who needs <snip> being able to climb out elegantly rather than crawling
out from only a few
> inches above the road surface, <snip>...?

I thought it was just me!  I don't recall getting in our out as being quite
as challenging when I was 16 years old driving my original '67 Mk3.  I've
had to "re-learn" getting in and out as smoothly (and least embarrassingly)
as possible.  I think I'm getting pretty good at it again, ha ha.  Even my
younger kids comment at how low the seat is in relation to the ground!

I'll be driving over to the junior high today to pick up my 11-year-old
daughter from school.  She's been very anxious for me to do this so her
sixth grade "friends can see" her.   I spent a few moments with her last
evening teaching her how to open and close the boot lid with the somewhat
confusing prop mechanism, so she can stow her 90 pound backpack in there
without being embarrased at not knowing how to open or close the thing.
Should be fun.

Vrrrroooom

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego