Re: Bonnet Alignment

To: David A Templeton <davidt@opentext.com>
Subject: Re: Bonnet Alignment
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 12:07:25 -0700
David,
Bonnet adjustments are made in the following places:

1. Height at the firewall (your situation):  A combination of adjusting the
Rubber cones and the latches to account for the cone adjustment to provide a
secure latch.

2. Height at the front of the bonnet:  Bolts with the vertical slots on the
bonnet hinge assemblies.

3. Horizontal positioning (to adjust the gap between the doors and the bonnet):
The bolts with the horizontal slots on the bonnet hinges.  Be very careful to
start with the widest gap here because you will need sufficient gap to allow the
door to open into the gap and prevent contact with the bonnet.  Many a bonnet
paint job has been lost to a too small gap!!!

Regards,
Joe