Restoration progress

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Restoration progress
From: HD50EL@aol.com
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 21:04:36 EST
Well, I finally got the new rotors, and new wheel studs installed on the
front, so now I have to rebuild the calipers, wheel cylinders, and master
cylinder while I wait for the new rubber brake hoses to arrive. I have also
removed the clutch master and slave cylinders for rebuilding.  I got the left
side trunnion rebuilt, it went together very easily but the right side
trunnion gave me a hard time, so I am in need another rebuild kit for it. I
will order another kit Monday. I got my new rocker panels in yesterday along
with the new battery tray, so I now have all of the sheetmetal I need to get
the body work done. A friend of mine has volunteered to do all of the
bodywork for me at no charge, so I don't have to worry about that. I still
haven't decided if I am going to use the set of wire wheels that I have, or
if I am going to use the stock steel wheels, but no rush there. If all goes
well, I should have it ready to drive by the time good weather hits.

John C. Smith
75 Spitfire