Re: Master brake cyl

To: "Spitfires@autox.team.net" <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Master brake cyl
From: Patrick Baize <speedracre@netzero.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 09:18:35 -0600
Ok all
        Thanks to all that responded a week ago. :-)

I got it out.  I used air pressure.  After rigging an elaborate
connection system with air hose quick coupling to used brake line
that I threaded into rear port and using vice grips to plug the
rear reservoir hole,   I connected the air hose (hadn't turned the
valve on yet) and the piston just popped out with what was left of
air pressure in my hose.

Now my problem is getting brake fluid, no one around here carries
Castrol LMA brake fluid. Are there any other brands that can be used?
Did 74 Spitfires use the natural rubber seals?

THnx
Pat
63 Spitfire
74 Spitfire