Re: Brakes

To: "Patrick Bowen" <pabowen@mediaone.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Brakes
From: "John Weber" <weberjm@teleport.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 08:30:34 -0800
Helllo,

Just rebuilt my left rear.
Did the brakes at the same time.
I noticed that the Haynes manual had a picture of them with the drum removed
and that there was a blurb in the text about the installation of the shoes
NOT being symetrical (sp?).
On disassembly, I noted that the shoes were identical, and that the PO had
installed them symmetrically(sp?).
I reinstalled the entire thing IAW Haynes, and the drum goes on nicely
(although tight, adjuster full out).  The only difference I could discern on
the picture was that the trailing shoe was upside down (?) from the leading
shoe.
This may affect you as well.