Re: chestnut boot cover on eBay

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: chestnut boot cover on eBay
From: "Kirby T. Kenyon" <kenyonkt@maple.lemoyne.edu>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 09:10:00 -0400
Harv, et. al.,

Chestnut is a kind of orangy brown color.  I have a '72 that has a
chestnut interior and I have an '80 that has a "New Beige" interior and
they aren't even close.

I recently bought a used, not very good condition black boot cover which
doesn't fit on either car quite right.  The original '72 boot cover
seems to have shrunken and hardened on one end so I have nothing to fit
the '72.  Does anyone else have this problem?  I mean, is it common for
these pieces of 25+ year old vinyl to shrink?

On Thu, 28 Oct 1999 07:34:09 -0500 (CDT)
Toni Thorn <tthorn@comp.uark.edu> wrote:

|Can anyone help me out here??
|
|>From the ad:
|"Triumph Spitfire factory boot cover, chestnut in color. Fits all
|Spitfires from 1968 on. Brand new in the bag with the part number on it."
|

|>From the seller:
|"The part number is 822403.  I bought it in when I was in England about
|four years ago."

|"black and tan were the available interior colors from 1975 on.  Chestnut
|was offered from 1971-1974"
|

|Okay...  What color is "chestnut"?  I have a '78 with beige interior.  Are
|we talking the same color here?   Seller sezs it will fit '68 on...  I
|bought another "beige boot top, fits all, etc etc" and it didn't.
|
|I'm just trying to get it right, not doubting the seller at all---
|
|Tks all info!!
|
|harve

Thanks,

Kirby T. Kenyon