chestnut boot cover on eBay

To: spitfire-enthusiast@egroups.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: chestnut boot cover on eBay
From: Toni Thorn <tthorn@comp.uark.edu>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 07:34:09 -0500 (CDT)
Can anyone help me out here??

>From the ad:
"Triumph Spitfire factory boot cover, chestnut in color. Fits all
Spitfires from 1968 on. Brand new in the bag with the part number on it."

>From the seller:
"The part number is 822403.  I bought it in when I was in England about
four years ago."

"black and tan were the available interior colors from 1975 on.  Chestnut
was offered from 1971-1974"

Okay...  What color is "chestnut"?  I have a '78 with beige interior.  Are
we talking the same color here?   Seller sezs it will fit '68 on...  I
bought another "beige boot top, fits all, etc etc" and it didn't.

I'm just trying to get it right, not doubting the seller at all---

Tks all info!!

harve