Re: Burned on the net, exposed.

To: "Keith R. Stewart" <kstewart@wwdc.com>
Subject: Re: Burned on the net, exposed.
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 18:26:34 -0700

"Keith R. Stewart" wrote:

> Sounds pretty reasonable to me! I would not expect much in a bumper that I
> paid $30 for...let's be realistic. Actually, I would expect it to be so
> poor, that it would only be better than having nothing at all! I've never
> had any dealings with these folks, but they sound honourable to me...and
> yes, if they had something I needed, I think I would try them out. Let's be
> open minded here...me too...I am ready to be convinced otherwise...but not
> by what I have heard so far.

Keith, you bring up a good point!  Early Spit bumpers in top notch
condition bring about $300.00 and at 1/10th. that, one shouldn't expect
to see a "rare specimen".  That said, I have seen what some people call
"crap" go into a chrome shop and come out looking like new.  My
overriders were such examples.  Perhaps Fisher has had the same
experiences and based on that considered the bumper to be useable.

I will have to say at this point that chrome parts (especially bumpers)
are the one type of item that usually ends up causing this sort of
squabble.  I sold a pair of bumpers to Mike Ginter that were off a '74
Spit.  The bumpers were for the most part straight but the chrome needed
to be redone.  I think Mike was disappointed in them but didn't ask for
his money back.   I hope he was able to get them chromed and onto his
car.  I hate more than the person who buys it, when a transaction goes
sour because of as I sail earlier, it only takes one "AWSHIT" to wipe
out a zillion "ATTABOY's"

Regards,
Joe