Is there a reason for so much anger?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Is there a reason for so much anger?
From: "Kirby T. Kenyon" <ktkenyon@borg.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 13:08:51 -0400

I believe that something is happening to our little list.  I've seen
quite a few angry threads lately and lots of name calling.

It seems that the expression of an opinion has to elicit an immediate
browbeating and subsequent "me too" responses.  I have no problem with
people expressing an opinion but, please, consider that other people on
the list are just that, people, with their own opinions and thoughts
and, yes, failings.  I've expressed my opinion on a subject, usually in
the context of asking if this has happened to others not to beat a
supplier to death, only to be jumped on from every angle.

Before you (I mean that generically, not one specific person) fire off
an angry reply, consider that, maybe, just maybe, there was an error in
sending something to the list that wasn't meant to be sent or that the
person you're responding to hasn't got the same opinion as you or that
what you first read as anger was nothing more than frustration from the
sender.

I really enjoy all other aspects of this list.  I've gained lots of
knowledge and, yes, even purchased some items from list members.  I've
even learned to put up with the "what's winter" threads from all of you
who live in a different environment than I do (and, yes, by the way, I
have lived other places and seen other weather and I prefer this part of
the country and chose to return here of my own free will).  Please
consider, and re-read, your responses to sensitive subjects before
clicking send.

I'm sure much of this anger is transitory in nature but we have the
ability to police ourselves in our own postings.  Consider what you
write.  I know I'm going to be wary of posting anything here for a time.

Thanks,

Kirby T. Kenyon
Whitesboro, NY, USA and proud to be here!  Fall is beautiful.