Re: my last word on being burned..

To: "Stefan Roundy" <stefanr@bealenet.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: my last word on being burned..
From: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine)
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 17:41:46 -0700
> As an aside, I have yet to see a bumper that
> my local chrome shop couldn't repair and re-chrome, and I don't consider
> them to be an exception to the rule. They once did an XK150 bumper that
had
> one end peeled back 180 degrees, so that the corner touched the rest of
the
> blade. The job was beautiful when completed, and it was subsequently
placed
> on a show-quality car.  It just seems unlikely that a truely unrepairable
> Spitfire bumper would be shipped, and perhaps that is why you are
receiving
> comments from people on this list doubting the voracity of your story.
> Sometimes, chrome shops get busy and would just rather not deal with a
> single bumper. Or, perhaps they didn't feel qualified to provide a proper
> restoration of the piece. These are just two of many possible explanations
> for you being told that the bumper was unrepairable.

I was going to make the same observation-I've seen some really dreadful
pieces come back from the chromers restored and looking better than new. I
was going to suggest that maybe Jim needed to find another chrome shop (or
two) and shop it around. )The other thought that entered my head was that
perhaps the chrome shop that looked at it wanted more money to restore the
bumper than Jim felt was fair-in which case again-shop around.)

Laura G.