header mounting...

To: spitfires <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: header mounting...
From: Jim <jdeatsc1@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 08:19:04 -0400
I've installed the stock tube header on my MkII.
It appears that the center two exhaust ports of the header do NOT seal
completely.  I'm able to slip a .010 feeler gauge between the gasket
(stuck to the head) and the header flange.  THIS ain't right.
Here's the problem.  The little hold down thingies (knobs?) that the
nuts and washers contact don't have a place to rest on the two center
ports of the header.
How's come?
I managed to take up SOME of the slack by installing the bolts that run
from the underside of the intake manifold into the header plate.  It
still ain't right.
again,  How's come?

Jim

--
Rawchester, Neu Yawk
Sptifire MkII "HardWay"  FC68436L  Red, what else?