Never forget to put the rotor arm back!

To: "spitfires@Autox.Team.Net" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Never forget to put the rotor arm back!
From: "T. .R. Dafforn" <td214@cam.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 10:45:04 +0100
After two years restoring a car you begin to forget some of the
important things which make the car go..
I have spent the last 2 weeks trying to get sophie running,
First problem, flat battery (not surprising)
second problem, No fuel (should have thought of this one!)
third problem, fuel pump shot, (instead of sucking in one end and
blowing the other, it blew out both ends!!)
These 3 things only took a few evenings to sort...
then, even with fuel in the carbs, compression at the cylinder and power
at the starter, no sounds  of a triumph engine running!!!
It has to be the ignition!! (worried thoughts of auto-electrics, (black
magic)) should I have taken the loom out. did I put it back right (i had
no left over wires!) is it even now about to catch fire due to a crossed
wire!!
Then, 3 in the morning, I wake up in a cold sweat (much to the wifes
confusion!) I had forgotten to put the bloody rotor arm back!!
Anyhow, put it back before breakfast, and after 2 years the car fires on
the first turn!!
I am now Very happy!!
Cheers
Tim