Re: FW: largest possible tires (was "Minilite Wheels")

To: spitlist@gte.net
Subject: Re: FW: largest possible tires (was "Minilite Wheels")
From: Nick Moseley <nmoseley@comsavings.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 20:53:36 -0700
Joe, sorry but I'm not sure what you mean by rounding out. If it refers to
un-even wear, then I haven't had any problem. If you are refering to the
look of the tires, yes, the tyre walls are wider than the rims by about an
inch on each side. They don't look round like a balloon, they come out from
the rim, get almost flat, then swing back in to the tread. Tread itself is
flat.  They are Dunlop G/T Radial Qualifiers, and came with a Spit that
I've since sold. For what its worth, they're fantastic in the dry, but get
slippery when wet. As I only intend to drive the car they're on in summer,
thats not much of problem,  although British Columbia is known as the Wet
Coast of Canada (not just the West Coast). But then, you'd know this,
coming from Seattle. "Q: What time of year does it rain? A: Yes!
Hope this answers your question.

Nick Moseley

At 05:59 PM 7/27/99 -0700, Joe Curry wrote:
>Nick,
>I would think that putting that wide of a tire on a stock Spit rim would
>tend to make the tread round out a bit.  What is your experience in that
>regard?
>
>Joe
>
>Nick Moseley wrote:
>>
>> I sent a message yesterday, but it never turned up.
>> I am running 205 60 R13 s on a set of standard 76 Spit rims. They've
been on
>> more than one of my cars, the bodies were not "adjusted", no rubbing, no
>> problems.
>
>--
>"If you can't excel with talent, triumph with effort."
> -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer

----
Nick Moseley
nmoseley@comsavings.com