Re: Spitfire fun

To: Spitfire List <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spitfire fun
From: Chip Mautz <clmautz@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 07:45:43 -0400 (EDT)
--- "Dr. Faustus" <faustus@inconnect.com> wrote:
> much.  Luckily I haven't installed my new carpets yet, so I didn't
> need to
> worry about wet cloth sitting against the metal for days.  I just
> smiled
> and enjoyed the reaction of other motorists as I drove the car
> through the
> rain and hail.  It was the funnest time I've had it the car this
> year.
>
> Andy L.
> '70 Spit

Reminds me of a story our GTA (Georgia Triumph Assoc.) club president
told me - he and his wife were riding in their TR in Florida (either a
TR250 or 6, can't remember) and a flash rainstorm came up.  Not having
any time to put up the hood, they reached in the back area, and pulled
out their snorkles and dive masks.  Imagine the looks they got, riding
down the road with their diving gear on in the pouring rain!  ;-)

Chip
'71 Spitfire MKIV - 'Ol Smokey

===
I've got a PBS mind in an MTV world - Jimmy Buffett