Re: Spitfire fun

To: Laura Gharazeddine <Laura.G@141.com>
Subject: Re: Spitfire fun
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 20:46:08 -0700

Laura Gharazeddine wrote:

> Put the hood up? If you don't stop, you don't get wet! ;-)

By all means put the hood up!  You might have something happen like it
did to me after the last local club meeting.

 Top down...  Driving home (25 miles)
 Started to drizzle.
 Figured I could make it before it let loose.
 Used to Seattle drizzle!
 Started really coming down.
 Kept going.

Got to within 2 blocks of the house when I encountered one of those
ominous "Do not enter intersection when flooded" signs.  Of course it
was flooded.  So I got out took the hood sticks out of the boot.
Removed the hood from Brad's Mom's protective pouch.  Installed it all
the while I was standing ankle deep in running water with my shoes
sitting dry in the floorboard.

I was surprised that I didn't get more water into the car than I did.

Therefore, By all means put the Hood UP!!!

Joe

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer