Re: Gearbox interchangability

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gearbox interchangability
From: Bill Gunshannon <bill@cs.uofs.edu>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 10:37:05 -0400 (EDT)

I have found this od/non-od discussion to be very interesting.  My
Spitfire is of the non-od variety.  Being as I plan to drive this car
rather than just show it, Overdrive would be a big plus.  So, how
practical is it to change my Spitfire to an Overdrive model??
What would I have to do?  Obviously get an overdrive unit and a new
propshaft.  What about transmissions??  Do I have to find a transmission
that was made for overdrive or is it likely that I can just mount the
od unit on the one I have??  Is this likely to be so expensive as to
be not worth the effort??

bill

bill@cs.uofs.edu         |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |