Re: Found One!!

To: Laura Gharazeddine <Laura.G@141.com>
Subject: Re: Found One!!
From: Mark Gardner <mrgrdnr@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 10:23:09 -0700
Laura Gharazeddine wrote:

> Or a 2k car with things like...seats?
>
> I know a guy who just sold a spitfire for $1700-but it hadn't an interior!
> Needed new paint, but it ran decently enough.
>
> Anyone checked out Hemmings lately? Prices are all over the board on these.
>
> my 2 cents,
>
> Laura G. and Nigel

That was the confusing thing about trying to buy a Spit - There didn't
seem to be much consistency in pricing.  Kelly Blue Book (kbb.com) says
in SoCAl that a reconditioned spit at a dealer should sell for just over
$2K, but I didn't see a single $2K sppit at a private party that was
really fully drivable.  I'm not sure my wife really believes that I've
finally found and bought a car, after all that looking.  Of course, I
don't really have it yet, but I'm presuming everything will go OK
tonight, and I'll get to play with it tomorrow.

Regards,

Mark