Re: alternator p/n

To: nikolai jaremka <njaremka@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: alternator p/n
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 07:57:03 -0600
Nik,
I started out to do that GM conversion, but after examining the mounting
modifications I saw were necessary, I bought a Lucas alternator from a
chain parts store that offers a Lifetime warranty.  The thing hasn't
hiccupped yet, but I know that when it does I will be able to replace it
free of charge.  I think the thing cost me about $90.00.

Regards,
Joe

nikolai jaremka wrote:

> this goes out to all those on the list that have changed thier
> car over to a GM style alternator.  i went to the auto parts
> store yesterday, and the part counter guy was a complete ass and
> wouldn't help me out.  but, that's grounds for a completly
> different thread.  my queston is this: what alternator part
> number did you use, and what else did you need to
> accomidate(sp?) it into your car?
>
> like i said, i went to the parts store yesterday to see if i
> could get some help in finding an alternator that i could easily
> fit into my car.  well i told the guy at the counter what i
> wanted to do and he blatanly told me "i don't want to help you
> with this problem."  well, that's going to be the last time i go
> there for anything.  now i'm going to have to find another place
> to buy parts.
>
> so, i looked around for a part number on one of the conversion
> guides and couldn't find one.  at that, i'm opening it up to you
> guys to help me out.  anyone?
>
> ===
> nikolai jaremka
> 72 spitfire mkIV