RE: chassisnumber and unlead engine

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: chassisnumber and unlead engine
From: nikolai jaremka <njaremka@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 06:52:55 -0700 (PDT)

the comission number is on the comission plate, and the body
number is on the body just under the bonnet catch on the left
hand side.  also, the frame number is on a plate attached to the
frame outrigger just in front of the firewall on the left hand
side.  the engine number is on the left hand side of the block
below the #4 & #3 spark plugs.  i think the head has a number
stamped into it on the right hand side a bove the #3 & #4 intake
runners.  the gearbox number is on the left hand side (again) of
the top of the main housing.  the diff number is on the bottom
of the front casing near the middle (i couldn't find mine untill
i scraped all the oil and dirt away.  i thought i had a diff
without a number).  note: all side references are when looking
from back to front of the car.

are there any other numbers (other than part numbers) that
identify stuff on our cars?

--- Dean Dashwood <DDashwood@softwright.co.uk> wrote:

> Pieter,
>
> I'm sure there is a chasis number, but can't remember exactly
> where it
> is (the only place that springs to mind is on the plate near
> where the
> left hand bonnet catch attaches - but I think that only shows
> the
> commission number, not the chasis number).  Someone here will
> know -
> Andy Mace, maybe?

===
nikolai jaremka