Re: Oil Filter Adapter.

To: Phil Johnson <gt6_man@yahoo.co.uk>, Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>,
Subject: Re: Oil Filter Adapter.
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 07:21:53 -0400
Re oil filters and adapter fittings:

The first time I changed the filter on my Spit, I had a similar situation.
My problem was I didn't have a spare engine or car to swap!  (Boy Joe, you
sure are lucky!)

I raced down to the local autoparts store and matched up the old filter and
fitting size.  I later took the improper filter back to the Britpart place
where I bought it, and they exchanged it for a filter "kit" that had a
different adapter.  So now I can use two different sizes of filters.

Confused yet?  I was.   But all is well, I just saved the different
adapters for use as needed...

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire
"I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, "Where's the
   self-help section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the
   purpose."