Re: spit brake master cylinder

To: "Tom Ambrose" <tambrose@tir.com>
Subject: Re: spit brake master cylinder
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 1998 07:08:35 -0700
>Is it possible to use a later-type 1500 brake master cylinder in my MK 4
>spitfire? I have an extra one
>from of my many parts cars. That's all that keeps me from having a
>road-ready spitfire.  Any advice would be appreciated.
Not without a lot of work, in other words its not a straight replacement.
Besides using different (metric) fittings, the pipes are on the opposite
side, and if you were to switch the pipes, they wouldn't fit the pressure
warning switch (non metric threads, so unless you had special pipes with
the proper threaded fittings or used adaptors, you would have to change the
entire brake line pluming etc-

72 V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire