Re: Door Handle replacement

To: <Spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Door Handle replacement
From: "Moorse,Jeffrey" <jeff.moorse@ABBOTT.COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 11:22:27 -0500
Here's how I do this on my 1974 Spitfire:

1) Hold the spring and escutcheon on the door.
2) Push a 1/8" punch through one side of the handle, put the handle on =
the
door and push the punch through the shaft.
3) Use needle nose pliers to put the pin in the other side of the handl=
e and
push it in with a screwdriver.  The pin will push the punch out.  The s=
pring
and escutcheon will hold the pin in place.

Good luck.

Jeff Moorse

owner-spitfires@autox.team.net on 10/01/98 10:27:20 AM
Please respond to gt6driver@YAHOO.COM @ INTERNET